How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I HAVE A QUESTION, No, Children's Aid have call me and want

Customer Question

JA: Has anything been prepared or filed so far? Have you consulted an attorney?
Customer: No, Children's Aid have call me and want to come to visit my house
JA: Have you consulted an attorney yet regarding this matter?
Customer: no
JA: Because laws vary based on location, what state are you in?
Customer: canada but I don't understand why they are coming
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. I assume you're in Ontario.

I assume that you have a child or children in your home? Do you know anything about who has made a referral to them about a child being abused or neglected?

Perhaps the police contacted the CAS when they attended your home on a domestic dispute?

You must have some idea of why they want to talk to you.

If you don't have any children there, perhaps the CAS is involved with a friend or relative or neighbour and they want to interview you?

Related Canada Law Questions