How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Both me and my boyfriend are up against charges of break

Customer Question

both me and my boyfriend are up against charges of break eneter and theft over $ 5000 he is in prison right now and the poice put a no contact order between him and myself which I want to have lifted my lawyer says he should be able to get the charges dropped does that mean the no contact order is dropped and if not how can I get that I do not want the no contact order and neither does he
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: im in Ontario Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing that im aware of my first court appearance is on November 10th
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Has he been convicted of anything, or is he incarcerated pending a bail hearing?

Does either of you have any other charges?

What's each of your criminal record like?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 9 months ago.

Your first court date is coming up. I'm here if you want to discuss the matter.

Related Canada Law Questions