I own two properties in Canada, main reason I have invested

Customer Question
them is for the purpose...
I own two properties in Canada, main reason I have invested them is for the purpose of my daughters. One property is on my name and other property is on my name and wife's name. How do I make sure my properties are protected for my kids if my wife is filing a divorce? My brother-in law's plan is to have those properties sold so that the money can be used for starting new businesses in India.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is for Legal Ease. Thank you,
11/2/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You cannot protect the properties for your children. You and your spouse share in the value of all these properties because you are legally married.

But if there are properties in her name back home the court will give you more of the properties in Canada to be fair as the court cannot make an order for the properties back home.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I made my wife as beneficiary for both the properties.
As I have hard earned and to protect our financial status for our family, is there a possibility to write agreement that in case of separation my wife is not entitled to my properties but my kids can.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually my wife was not working but I alone was working for our family since our marriage.

Yes that is perfectly possible.

But you must be sure that your wife has independent legal advice.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What can we call those agreements? How to prepare them?

The agreement is a domestic contract. If you are not separating it is really a marriage contract.

You have to retain a family lawyer in your city to draft the contract. Then your spouse has to take it to her own lawyer, also a family lawyer in your city.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Legal Ease, I will let you know for more information.

Then please rate me now so that I can receive credit for this answer.

Thanks and enjoy your weeekend.

Should I be waiting to see if you need my any further?

I am very puzzled. Can you explain what is going on?

You have not yet rated me on this post yet you are starting new posts.

But more than that on another post were I answered you and you gave me a five star rating you've now asked for a refund.

That money just was debited from my account.

I don't understand why you did this nor why you are not rating me here. I doubt you think I should work for free so please explain.

Debra, Lawyer