How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother, who suffers from depression and anxiety his

Customer Question

My brother, who suffers from depression and anxiety his whole life and who has not ben able to support himself for years but has co parented two beautiful daughters while separated from his wife who they are still friends. they separated over his anxiety and depression and his wife is bi polar. So on top of all that his daughters friend is accusing him of inappropriate sexual acts. His daughters told the police that he has never touched or done anything inappropriate to them and he has no prior record. He said it is false. Knowing my brother I believe him. What kind of lawyer is the best kind of lawyer in his case.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is in British Columbia, Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am not sure but I think so as the police have contacted him and told him he will go to court in two weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He had one court appearance. It has just been related to me.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Was he charged?

What is the court date for?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
just a sec.. checking
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He was charged with sexual interference and was given an extension of two weeks to find legal advise.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Related Canada Law Questions