Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have just recently been off from my seasonal work. I have

Customer Question

i have just recently been laid off from my seasonal work. I have decided that I am not going back next year, should I contact the employer to tell them now and will it affect my employment insurance claim ?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Canada, Nova Scotia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I ahve my ROE and have put in my two week waiting peroid, my next report is due on November 5th
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thanks
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

You do not have an obligation to let the employer known now. If the new season doesn't start until the spring it doesn't really make sense to tell the employer now given that you may change your mind and given that you don't want to risk any potential issues with EI, note that there would actually be any.

That help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome.

If you feel we are done please rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You didn't give me any info yet...
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I don't understand what you mean. Not only did I answer you but you thanked me.

Oh.

Did you just see my first sentence and not the answer?

Here it is again:

That help as a starting point?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** helpful
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

OK

So now are you set?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?