How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99929
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yesterday a cement truck damaged a bollard on my property.,

Customer Question

Hi , yesterday a cement truck damaged a bollard on my property., My son witness the whole thing , we have pictures , company and drivers name . Supervisor was to call us , not yet . what are my options
JA: How old is the truck? When was it purchased?
Customer: what do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: not my truck
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: police report online
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?

Approximately how much will it cost for the repairs?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cant be sure $1000.00
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

I suggest that you wait a couple of days as this happened on the weekend.

Then if you do not hear from them you can send them a letter by Registered Mail setting out the facts and demanding that they reimburse you for the cost of the repairs. Give them a deadline for replying to you.

Tell them if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking and order for your costs as well.

Then you should try and get three estimates for the cost of the repairs.

If they don't comply you can then sue them in Small Claims Court and can self-represent and if it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should I report this to the police.
Should report this my insurance
Should I phone before the letter
Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

You can call the police but it is not likely a criminal issue.

You should not report it to your insurance unless you want to make a claim.

Yes you can phone first but that is not necessary. It is up to you.

Expert:  Debra replied 8 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions