How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i an uncle protect my niece from unfit

Customer Question

how can i an uncle protect my niece from unfit parents?(alcoholics)
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: is there a canadian site
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, my parents ( the grandparents) are covering up for them. they hide the situation from me because i want to call social services to protect my niece
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

What province are you in?

How old is your niece?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
in quebec and she is 5 years old.
how can i legally protect my niece
how can not involve Social services so she can be placed in my home and not in a strangers home
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

I'm afraid that Quebec civil law is unique in Canada an I have no experience practising in Quebec.

I don't know if there are any Quebec experts on the site these days. I'm going to opt out as your expert, I hope that someone who can help you will pick up the thread.

If they don't, then please go to your nearest court house and see the duty counsel lawyers there for free to ask about child protection law in your province. And if you made a deposit to the site to ask this question you can ask the site to refund your money.

Good luck


Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am another Canada law expert. Would you like to continue with me?