How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired a lawyer regarding a injury at the work place, seen

Customer Question

I hired a lawyer regarding a injury at the work place, seen several doctors, for pain infusions with the end result being back surgery. I was on my last try to fight WSIB, I found my lawyer incompetent, as he wasnt prepared as I would have thought he should have been. Never in this hearing did he bring up all these doctors and medical treatments that I received, I called WSIB and they told me that I can no longer take this any further. Im totaly upset that I didnt stop the proceedings and state that my lawyer was of no help and ask that I have the opportunity to find another lawyer. Is there anything you can do.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Also I went from a 23 dollar an hr job to 15. I wake up in pain , go to work in pain and come home in severe pain in tears. I have no choice, I need to work. I also have COPD and emphysema and I am finding it harder and harder to work due to both the chronic back pain and COPD. I do have a license for medicinal marijuana but have much difficulty vapourizing with it, I am now going to try the oil. On top of all that I am on several strong medications which I cant take while working. I live in Sarnia Ontario Please tell me you can help me
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have a compensation package about 3 inches thick. I was going to write a letter to compensation and request another one so a respectful lawyer who knows what he/she is doing can have a look at it. My surgeon, Dr. Chris ****** disagrees with their decision (as they are calling it degenerate disc disease due to ageism) and is and has wrote letters
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: stating that their findings are untrue. I wasapproximately 42 when this injury occured and I am 53 years old now
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you appeal to the WSIAT?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please just cancel my subscription and credit my money back to my credit card please
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I don't work for the site. I have nothing to do with canceling subscriptions. I am a practicing lawyer. I just log into the site and see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

I will send a message to the site for you.

Related Canada Law Questions