How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100001
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i get my boarder record from canada? I am a us

Customer Question

how do i get my boarder record from canada? I am a us citizen and denied enrty twice for a DUI in the states from 2008
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: minnesota I applied for rehabilitation in 2013 they kept my 200 and denied me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Are you saying the full fee was $200?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
to apply for rehabilitation. I really do not care about that. I just want a copy of my record. I am in the Bahamas had to fly into Toronto and was pulled into immigration. They kept me for an hour and a half and finally let me go with a letter deeming me a refugee.
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

But that was not to apply for rehabilitation. That costs about $1200. The $200 was just for a Temporary Resident Permit which gives someone who is not admissible special permission to enter.

So you could apply for rehabilitation and then you would not ever have to worry about being inadmissible again.

There is no way to get a copy of any record.

The border officers don't provide this to anyone and it cannot be obtained.

Seeing it will not help. It will simply show that you have a criminal record and have been refused entry before when trying to enter Canada.

Does that clarify the law?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My DUI was in 2008 will I be allowed to reenter Canada in 2018 when it has been 10 years?
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

It is not possible to predict.

You may be able to get in with TRP and pay the $200 again.

But they may require you to go through rehabilitation with takes over a year and costs quite a bit more.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions