Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Tenant has used my siute for a motel, i have asked over the

Customer Question

tenant has used my siute for a motel, i have asked over the last 4 weeks when thier furniture was arriving & I was not given a strait answer, now after living here & using my furniture for 5 weeks they have given me 4 weeks notice. my question is can I evict them sooner ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: vancouver island canada
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: no lease was written, just verbal & they said they would be here a year
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe they used my suite as a motel/air b&b
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the only problem was a sink which was repaired immediately
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they used my funiture till theirs was to arrive but no furniture came & when I asked them ,they gave me the run around which made me suscpiscous
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this difficult situation.

When you say they used your suite, did they share a kitchen or bathroom with you?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.