Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I brought my pick up truck into a auto repair shop because

Customer Question

I brought my pick up truck into a auto repair shop because it had water in the oil fill tube. They told me it was a head gasket. I booked it in and was charged $2800.00. The day I drove it away the "Check engine" light come on and I found it was a broken vacuum valve which wasn't broken before. Further I found out that the truck didn't need a head gasket it just needed a PCV valve and the repair is about $50.00.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: I said this to the mechanic and he blew it off not even offering to fix what he had broken.'
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This happened last Wednesday and the truck has not moved since.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!