How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Canadian resident. I am currently working here under

Customer Question

I am a Canadian resident. I am currently working here under Work Permit for last 2 years, and my current one expires in 2018. I am also married, and my wife is kind on indecisive whether she wants to continue this relationship. I cannot keep waiting for her forever. I have been told that If i apply for pr alone , I may not be able to do so in future for my wife.1) Can I maybe after 5years, (i was told 'maybe') ovverride what I had stated and apply for her if she gets better?
2) If I can't do the above at least can I get her a visit visa or work permit to stay with me with the limit of 5 years at a time?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are you separated at this point in time?