Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have signed the bill of sale for a new vehicle to be

Customer Question

I have signed the bill of sale for a new vehicle to be financed by a bank but have not taken possession of the vehicle neither is it insured or registered under my name. I don't want the vehicle anymore what should I do?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The vehicle which is no tin my possession is not registered or insured under my name or the bank as a lien holder.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also called Nissan Canada and they said that the VIN number on the vehicle is not registered under my name but the dealerships.
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.

Why don't you want to take the car now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Because it is too expensive considering my current financial situation. the should have costed me no more than 24,000 but the price has balooned to 32,000 before interest.
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

So could you say that you were mis-represented as to what the cost was going to be?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kind of really. I just don't want that vehicle at that price. I gave them a 1000 dollar deposit and I don't mind losing it so they could recoup their transportation costs. Like I have said though the car is not registered under my name or the bank as a lien holder. Nor do I have possession of the vehicle. This is in Alberta province.
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

But there is no cooling off period for buying a car in Alberta. So when you entered into the agreement to buy the car it was a binding legal contract and you cannot change your mind.

At the same time courts have set aside contracts where they don't reflect what was actually agreed to so if you agreed on one price and then at the last minute they changed it and you didn't realize that, then you could get out of the contract.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.