How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100506
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We had tenant evicted from a apartment so that a relative

Customer Question

We had tenant evicted from a apartment so that a relative could move into this apartment. What is the length of time this relative must stay in the apartment before we can rent it out to another person. Does the relative need to reside in this apartment .
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

What province is this please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

There is no set time frame. This is all about what is bona fide. If the tenant finds out that there is a new tenant in the unit and takes you to the Landlord Tenant Board you will then have to provide a reasonable explanation as to why you evicted the tenant, had a family member move in and then shortly after that you have a new tenant in the unit.

So you see what I mean?

You will have to have a very believable explanation or you just won't be believed.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions