How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe that If I sponsor an immigrant to Canada then I

Customer Question

Hello. I believe that If I sponsor an immigrant to Canada then I will be financially responsible for that person for ten years . Does that rule still apply if the person is already a permanent resident?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

The facts are not clear.

Whom are you wanting to sponsor or whom did you sponsor? Is this a spouse, child, parent etc.

If they were sponsored by you already when did the first enter Canada?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She came as an international student is now a landed immigrant to Canada. In never sponsored her. She is South Korean.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I prefer typing
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you still there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this was supposed to be a free consultation and has already cost me $48. What game are you playing here with me?
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

There is no game but there is also no free answers.

I am a senior lawyer and do not work for free.

I will not answer now but will send this to customer service.

If you want an answer after speaking to customer service let me know.


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you misrepresent your services

Related Canada Law Questions