How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about peace bonds, Im in Canada, A girl

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a question about peace bonds
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Im in Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: A girl filed a charge against me- we got into an argument months ago- have not talked since- then last month at a bar we got into an argument and I pushed her- no image was done besides a couple bruises Now she wants a peace bond-even though I have not talked to her in a month, I do not have her number, I don't know where she lives, etc.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She lied in her statement and her and her friends have been slandering me at school- making rumours up about the situation. It has gotten so bad that I haven't been to school in weeks
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did she call the police?