My husband got pulled over by RCMP not because of a traffic

Customer Question
violation but because the police...
My husband got pulled over by RCMP not because of a traffic violation but because the police officer recognized him! Can you pull someone over if they did not commit a traffic offence? He had a suspended licence from 2014 that he had just completed paying off the fines for. They impounded my vehicle and charged him criminally. Two days later the RCMP officer came to my house looking for my husband. Said he filled out the paperwork wrong and gave him the date for traffic court not criminal court. My husband was in the hospital at the time and the officer could not change the paperwork. Can't this get thrown out of court due to the wrong dates on the paperwork from the RCMP officer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
10/18/2016
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thank you! Also if charges are dropped am I still responsiable for the fees for 30 day truck impounded? I believe this is racial profiling as my husband is native and is known to the officer as being a public nuisance on times!

I am sorry to hear that this happened to your husband but there is nothing unlawful here in the sense that the police officer can pull anyone over if there is a concern. On top of that he did commit an offence as he was driving with a suspended licence.

The errors on the ticket will not matter unfortunately. They have no significance and he will have to attend court on the required date and decide whether to plead guilty or not.

I am sorry I could not give you the answer you were hoping for but of course you need the right answer.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer