How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100941
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to remove a car from my daughterinlaw.The

This answer was rated:

I would like to remove a car from my daughterinlaw.The ownship has both names but only my address. I am making all the payments on the car.I would like to remove her name the ownership so l can sell the car and pay of the loan.How do l go about small claims court.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?
Customer: This is in Ont. Can. and nothing has been filled yet.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

How much is the car worth?

Did you get a chance to read my question to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The car is worth 10,000.00 to 12,000.00 dollars.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

What you can do is send your daughter-in-law a letter by registered mail. In the letter set up the facts and demand that she immediately transfer title to you. Tell her that if she fails to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking damages, interest, an order that she transfer the title and your legal costs.

You can then sue her in small claims court and self represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on the site again and I can assist you further.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help. I will follow your directions to the letter.

You are very welcome.

If you would rate me now that would be great as then I can get paid!

Thanks and take good care.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How may l get in personal contact with you in case l need your assistence.

I cannot have personal contact with you unfortunately.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you