How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101369
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can can i get work permit withut satus. Ontraio want move to

Customer Question

can can i get work permit withut satus
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ontraio want move to saskatchewan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: am just here donts what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about applying for a work permit from within Canada?

And you are here without legal status?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brenton Palmer living Canada(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the text am nat satisfied
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking for direct answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saskatchewan is where I would like work permit for let know
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

You cannot apply for a work permit from within Canada.

You will need to go back home to apply for the permit.

That is the case even if you were here legally on a visitor's visa.

But you can certainly ask your potential employer to start the process and apply for the Labour Market Impact Assessment which is the first step.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.