How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is as follows. I have a lawyer that was

Customer Question

Hello . my question is as follows . I have a lawyer that was representing me ( has not given me notice that he is no longer representing ) . had agreement in place that his invoice would be paid prior to me receiving any monies from the current offers we are getting . as of Friday just past he served me with Notice of Garnishment papers . is there anything I can do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am in Ontario , Canada ... also note I have spoken with three other attorneys in our community and they do not want to get involved because of the closeness of attorneys here
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all thanks
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am not yet following the facts.

When did the lawyer last deliver a bill?

Did he take you for an assessment and if so did you attend?

Did he sue you and if so did you respond?

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Law Questions