Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My mother was just put in a seniors facility I looked after

Customer Question

my mother was just put in a seniors facility I looked after her for the past eight years also with my husband we built a suite in basement and other projects at her house we gave her 24 hour care and anything she needed my brother within one month had us moved out by a sherriff taken us to court saying I spent all her money (she didn,t have any to begin with ) and proven in supreme court and the judge threw out all charges my brother tried to enforce on me . now he is trying to sell the house at a rediculios piece and says I get nothing my mom is furios with him . can I file a wages lein for the eight years we looked after her. in her will I was to get the house and pay each of my two brothers 15,000 which was my idea ,she didn,t want to give them anything because they never helped her at all during her senior years my mom says to put a lein on the house before it sells ,can I do this
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Is you mother mentally competent?

Why is your brother in charge of the house?

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!