How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In case of a divorce in a civil marriage, what rights do the

Customer Question

In case of a divorce in a civil marriage, what rights do the woman gets? How are things divided between the woman and man?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

What province are you in?

How long is the marriage? Is there a separation yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, province is Quebec. We are not yet married but would like to know about the rights in case of divorce for a civil marriage. I am Canadian and she is Syrian. Her parents would like to know what she would get in case of divorce. Thanks
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 11 months ago.

Quebec family law can be very different from that in other provinces. I'm going to opt out as your expert; there's a Quebec expert on the site, but I don't know how much he's around currently. Your question will stay open for his attention, please be patient.

If he doesn't respond to you, feel free to contact the site to ask for a refund or for removing this question from your question limit if you have a subscription.

I'll send him a note over the site asking him to look at your matter.


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok i am waiting for his reply. Hope you expedite the matter. Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi i still didnt get an answer. Should i be waiting or should i cancel?