How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101376
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came here on b1/b2 visain 2013. Now I am on pending asylum

Customer Question

I came here on b1/b2 visain 2013. Now I am on pending asylum application in usa. I am eligible to work in usa. In future i want to marry my canadian permanent resident girlfriend. If she come here and marry me Is i am eligible to get canadian spouse visa??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking about your spouse sponsoring you for permanent residency status in Canada?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she will sponsor me from Canada.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes that will work.

Once you are married your spouse can sponsor you.

The way this works is that the sponsorship application and the permanent resident application go in together. Once your spouse is approved as a sponsor youe application will be processed.

You will need to undergo medical, background and criminal checks.

Here is the link to the webpage that has all the information and forms:

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have to go back to my country
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

No you don't.

So long as you have legal status in the US and you do, you can be sponsored from the US.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?