How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been living with my gf for 3 years now. Pay majority of

Customer Question

I've been living with my gf for 3 years now. Pay majority of the bills. Plus appliances that break down. Groceries and so fourth. It is her house and I do not have mail sent here. I do have a apartment with my father who is disabled partially . I am on the lease there and I am his primary caregiver which I sully finds groceries and help his everyday life also. My question is . My gf has threatened to kick me out and raise the baby on her on. Which I'm against . And anyone who knows me would vouch in saying that I adore kids and want nothing but the best for them. My question is what precautions can I take so that if we do split before the baby is born that she will include me appointments and major things for the baby and not be able to get full custody once it's born?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the questions.

Are you separated now, or she's just threatening? Usually when they threaten but don't do it, that means that it's an ultimatum and they want something to change.

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 9 months ago.

Any developments to your situation?

Related Canada Law Questions