Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

In 1997 I was a truck driver in Alberta in June of that year

Customer Question

Hello in 1997 I was a truck driver in Alberta in June of that year I blew a steer tire and took the ditch instead of hitting a on coming camper as a result found by MRI and C-Scan I had 3 impacted fractures of my lower neck told by surgeon I needed operated on but was told by WCB rehab would take to long they denied my surgery and for the last 20 years I have been dealing with headaches that literally stopped my life style and my passion to be with or around people I went to see another surgeon 2 years later and he said basically the only way to fix my neck would be to rebreak it and chances of me being paralyzed was in the high percentages what can I do now.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you asking about suing now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am thinking about it they have me on long term disability now and supposedly permit starting in November but from then denying my first surgery because of rehab length but was on WCB for about two years rehab would have been one year after second year was sent to another surgeon who bathe the risk was very high basically have to re brake my neck severing nerves located within the fracture so when I told WCB I would not get the surgery the said you have 8 weeks to fine job and would be cut off, and over the last 20 years my lifestyle was changed dramatically could not do sports anymore like golf or bowl go to the gym with the pain I am in constantly I cannot go to family functions and do things with friends so I have totally lost jobs friends and all my quality of life.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am not quite yet following the time frame.

Are you saying that they did something to you recently or are you asking about suing for what happened 20 years ago?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
from over the past 20 years of losing my quality of life, jobs, friends and relationships
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now I cannot even find reasonable life insurance because of my injury
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

But did anything at all happen in the past two years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was sent to a pain clinic in Canmore Alberta for a 8 week course but after 2 weeks was sent home because of pain and pills they put me on increased my blood pressure to very dangerous levels, then last winter was sent to a neurologist and he gave me four sessions of Botox that did nothing. I believe it was in November of last year I was seen by a WCB Dr.when he was going through my files found that two different surgeons had told WCB that I needed the surgery that I never got so WCB Dr. Report said there is no this man is fit for any kind of work.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

When was WCB told you need surgery?

Were you told the same?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About two months after my accident after finally getting WCB to send me for MRI and C scan I was sent to a surgeon in Calgary he read my x rays and said I need to be operated on but they WCB denied the surgery
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The reason I have been asking about the timeframe so carefully is that there is a two-year limitation period for suing in Alberta. Your accident 20 years ago. And anything the WCB did that was wrong happened about 18 years ago it seems. So there is no possibility of you suing WCB any longer. I was hoping to hear that WCB had just done something now to deny coverage going forward but that doesn't seem to be the case. For this reason I have to say that I cannot think of any way that you can possibly sue WCB at this point in time.

I really wish I could give you a different answer.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I thank you for your time and effort I'm very grateful thank you.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to you.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?