How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ulysses101 Your Own Question
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 3571
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Ulysses101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer has retired and we cannot locate him to obtain a

Customer Question

my lawyer has retired and we cannot locate him to obtain a will that was filed in 2007
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria bc
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have the power of attorey
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not have even a copy of the will and I am the executer
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

You need to contact your provincial law society and ask who took over the retired lawyer's files and wills. When a lawyer retires this is what they do.

Easily answered, I hope. Anything else?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 12 months ago.

Have you contacted your law society? Did you get anywhere?