Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have employed a excavating company to do work on my

Customer Question

I have employed a excavating company to do work on my property for a fixed price When I received the bill it was inflated to the tune of 150 % plus there was damage caused by the equipment operator to my property, ie telephone, tv cables, soffits on the main house, leaving us without phone or tv for 5 days, the operator had parked his truck on a existing concrete slab braking the slab to the point that it had to be removed. Further to this the eave trough on the garage were also damaged. We were in discussions with the contractor on the repairs To wit he claimed it was not his problem that telus did a poor job install the service. and now I received a notice of a lien against my property. What do I do to remove the lien
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: I just received the notice today, as to the truck I do not know the age of the dump truck
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not by me, the contract that was signed was for 1200 and we received a bill for over 5000 and I am of the mind it is a simply case of taking advantage of a senior
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The work involved was that of digging a hole in the back yard approx 20 ft x 15 ft x 7 ft deep. equipment used was a bobcat, a mini track mhoe and a tandem dump truck
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

What province are you in please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Alberta Calgary
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

When did the contractor complete the work, exactly?