How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100996
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for a tort lawyer to represent me in a Civil

Customer Question

I am looking for a tort lawyer to represent me in a Civil suit filed in February 2016.This, as a result of an Assault causing bodilly harm conviction against the defendent.I was working at the time,and was assaulted at a rave at the PNE.After procrasting I will finally follow through on this.Lawsuit filed against City of Vancouber,the Concert Promoter,the the defendent(since convicted),and the PNE.Thank you for reading this. Joseph McKay
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry.Thought this was Canadian web-site.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just the Civil Suit by myself.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.I think I have summarized everything.The employer(PNE)falsified their initial documents.Saying I said it was an accident.Total lie by the employer.When in fact,it was an Assault that has left my right hand permanently disfigured,with pain I have to put up with for the rest of my life.6" steel rod in wrist,numerous staples and stitches were inserted to my right arm,hand.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Are you asking how to find a lawyer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Past lawyers' I spoke to said their firm takes 1/3 off the top over 2 years ago.This,while the defendent was on the lam.I was told $150,000 for the case,minus $5,000 for all the reports.I am agreeable to those terms,however I do not want to throw away my money on a lawyer who may,may not be able to take on the case.Again,thanks for reading this.I DO NOT HAVE
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

So what you are saying is that you are willing to retain a lawyer on a contingency fee basis but don't want to pay a lawyer up front at all.

That makes sense.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and usetheir Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyerand can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:
(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

And when you call to make an appointment make it clear that you need a lawyer to act on a contingency fee basis and that you will not be able to pay anything upfront except for the reports.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just want the $47.00 returned to my VISA and will and will write these off as a bad potential business transaction.Sorry for the initial hostility.Will look else ware.
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I don't know what you mean about initial hostility.

I also don't know what you mean about writing off these as a bad potential business transaction. If you get a refund you cannot write the cost off if that is what you mean.

I don't work for the site.

I have no idea what you paid, why you are dissatisfied if you are and why you are writing me about this.

I am a practicing lawyer and I log into the site the way you do. I see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

So if you have a problem with the site you will need to speak to customer service.

If I have done something wrong that you feel merits my not getting paid I am sincerely ***** ***** that and I am happy to assist you further.