How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married for 2yrs .I have a 25% pension rate which

Customer Question

I was married for 2yrs .I have a 25% pension rate which gives me 800.00 monthly.i am 75 yrs old and have been rec this pension since 1994. my wife and I havv been sep since 2010 she now wants tocome after my pension ihave been disabied since back operation 1994.what is my statist on this situation
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no but she notified me she is filing around sept 15/16
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she is coming after my cpp and old age but I am ok there I have all the imfo I need it is just the wsib that I need imfo on thank you russell
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you live together first?

Did you sign a separation agreement after you separated?

When exactly in 2010 did you separate? I mean the exact month and preferably the day.

Have you paid her any spousal support since you separated?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
did not live together before mar. no sep. agreement sep in fall of 2010 no spousel suport
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

When in the Fall? Has it been over 6 years?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will get back to you to-morro with that imfo iwas led to believe that it was 5$ but now have paid 50.$ I do not want to pay more if you want more let the report drop. russell
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I don't know what you mean but I don't work for the site.

I am a practicing lawyer and I log in the way you and then see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

I don't set the prices at all and have no idea what you were asked to pay, what you agreed to pay or what you were charged.

Do you want me to ask customer service to contact you? I am able to send them a message if you like.

Related Canada Law Questions