How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am making enquiries for a friend who is currently in

Customer Question

Hi I am making enquiries for a friend who is currently in emergency having suffered a mild stroke. She was to make her will up today at an office but obviously cannot get there. Is there any way of having the will drawn up in her absence such as by email with all the important details. Then have the document brought to her to sign.
She will be going home hopefully either today or tomorrow and will be competent to sign
with a witness present. Jenny
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this happened.

What province is she is?

Has anyone spoken to her lawyer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ontario She does not have a lawyer
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

But I thought you said she was planning on going to do her will the day after she had the stroke. So wasn't that with a lawyer?

Related Canada Law Questions