How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was married in Uganada in Hindu Temple in June 2016.

Customer Question

Hi, My son was married in Uganada in Hindu Temple in June 2016. On a copy of the marriage certificate from the temple , Registrar of marriage put a stamp
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is in East Africa. Is this a legal document in canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing filed here.My son sent his wife a invitation letter to visit Canada as a spouse, thats all
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ya, marriage was never consummated.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Is this marriage considered legal in Uganda?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Related Canada Law Questions