Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My question is regarding property line and fences! If a

Customer Question

My question is regarding property line and fences! If a neighbour builds a fence on the common boudary are they responsible to serve notice if I disagree?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province are you in please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What do you disagree about?

Are you saying you don't want that type of fence or you don't want to pay or what exactly.

What city do you live in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We live on agriculture land and have been here for 17 years! The new neighbours took possession on Aug 31 of raw land adjacket to our land ! Our objection is the type of fence , the why to putting one up as no animals are being peneed in and no discussion on property line sharing!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our area in Radium B.C.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Do you agree that it is on the right property line in the sense that is it right along the border and not encroaching into your property?

Are they asking you to contribute to the cost?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!