How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100955
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a neighbour wants me to remove something of mine that's

Customer Question

If a neighbour wants me to remove something of mine that's on his property, can he then charge me if i go on his property to remove it?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in edmonton, canada.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. i had a previous dispute with him about something he had on my property for months, but he said. he wanted my camera, which is on his shed, taken down.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he said he would have me charged if I went to take my camera down. Our two cameras are sharing my power.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 12 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this. I am not quite following the facts.

He told you to take the camera down as it is yours but said you cannot enter his property to do so?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Well, he said he could have me charged if I went on his property to remove it. Isn't he inviting me on his property by asking me to remove the camera?
Expert:  Debra replied 12 months ago.

He is telling you to enter his property. He is not making a bit of sense.

I suggest that you try and get him to tell you in writing he wants you to remove the camera. Can you email him?

If you have an email saying come and remove the camera how will the police take him seriously if he calls them after that?

Otherwise call the police and say you need their assistance to escort you onto someone's property as peacekeepers. Tell them you've been told by the neighbour to remove your camera but at the same time the neighbour is saying they will have you charged for trespassing.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?