How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100451
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if you could please give me some advise

Customer Question

I would like to know if you could please give me some advise on how I can contact a commissioner for oaths to sign a statutory declaration to so I may get my Alberta health Care card as I had all my identification stolen and the only way that AHC will give me a health care card is if I PROVE to them that I am whom I say I am. If I can get this done then I will have a health care card and will be able to see a doctor as I am not well and need to see one. I THANK YOU for your time . Kindest regards... Ferhn ****
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I made a report with AHC and spoke to a "person whose name is ***** ***** however he did me NOM favors and mostly condemned me for having my purse stolen as if I did it on purpose.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes there is . They are asking me for a PERSONAL HEALTH NUMBER however if I do not have a Health Card , how am I to know my personal Health Number. I believe that this person named BRUC#E is really being a pain!!
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry this happened to you.

You can see a lawyer, an articling student or a notary if you can find one near you.

Otherwise you can also go to the nearest courthouse and a clerk there can commission your statutory declaration.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please note that I pressed the phone key by mistake. I do not want any phone calls. I do not need any more bills to pay and &(>00 for a phone call is out of my range .Please do not call me on my cell phone. thank you. I have to leave now to catch a transit bus.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OOPS just noticed that the 79.00 did not appear and that is the amount you charge?? Very expensive phone call Thanks for your info but it does not work for me . Kindest Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

You did not pay for a phone call. I don't do phone calls and the site would only charge you if you did.

You are only charged for this post and the charge would go through because the site is not free so you are charged before you use it.

But I don't get paid unless you rate me positively.

I don't know why you are saying my information doesn't work but please explain.

I am a senior lawyer so you may as well take advantage of that.

I also hope you do rate me as otherwise the site will not release my portion of what you paid them to me.


Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Did you get things worked out with the phone call charge? If you still believe you were charged I can send a message to customer service.

And as you have a subscription there is no way you would be charged further.

As well, even if you do rate me it doesn't cost you a thing. It just tells the site to release my portion of what you paid them to me.

Related Canada Law Questions