How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have a Parenting Order granting -annual contact

Customer Question

I currently have a Parenting Order granting bi-annual contact between my 10 year old daughter and her father. This order also states that I am not allowed to move outside my current city of residence. I want to move out of the country with my daughter (as I have dual citizenship), but her father is opposed to it. He has stated to me that he is willing to give me consent to move, as long as I don't seek child support from him. What are my options to make this possible? Does a termination of his parental rights absolve him from having any financial obligation for her?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: i am located in Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are in this difficult situation.

What do you mean by bi-annual contact, exactly?