How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband was put in term nursing home and never given any

Customer Question

my husband was put in long term nursing home and never given any statement regarding incapacity .the doctor and power of atorney and nurses organized it and he had no say I could not contact doctor all i got was a recording I could not drive .He told them leaving hospital he wanted to live with his wife.I had looked after him before Now they have him in sursing homebin Yorkton Sask near power of attorney I can't have his phone number or adress and power of attorney won't take more than one call a week who can help me his wife
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not that I know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The lawyer tried to put me his wife into as power of atorey but some how they over ruled this and there was no document for incapacity
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is your spouse mentally competent now or is he no longer competent?

Who took him to sign the POA and when was that?

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. As I am a lawyer in Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Related Canada Law Questions