How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100050
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born to a Canadian father in a country other than

Customer Question

I was born to a Canadian father in a country other than Canada on September 1993. For the pass 22 years, i have been living in that country. However, I've moved to Calgary a little over a year ago to pursue my Master's degree. I'm a canadian citizen through my father.
During that time(Past 23 years, my father has never lived in Canada and had virtually zero connections to Canada.
So my question is, Under the law, am I eligible to claim the accumulated "child money" that I never recieved?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

What do you mean by child money?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
basically Canada child benefit!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Things like Canada child tax benefit (CCTB) and Universal child care benefit (UCCB)
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

You are not entitled any of those credits.

Those are benefits paid to parents who live and raise their children in Canada.

The money does not go to the child and you were not raised in Canada in any event.

I am sorry that is not the answer you were hoping for.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Related Canada Law Questions