How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100408
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from Thunder Bay, Ont and sorry for the first

Customer Question

I am from Thunder Bay, Ont and sorry for the first statement. as I mentioned, need lawyer for motor vehicle accident and I have until September 29 2016 to claim my injury, I have no income until 20 th for fee, just Ontario Works income, my name is ***** ***** number is(###) ###-####.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry you are in this very difficult situation.

The lawyers on the site cannot act for you.

I can suggest ways on finding a lawyer to assist you.

In fact, it would be possible for you to consult with a lawyer for a half hour for free in your city.

But, what is more important is that you should know that if there are personal injury matters then many lawyers will take on your case on a contingency fee basis. That would mean that you only have to pay them if you win and then they would get a percentage of what the court awarded you. So, in my view your best next step would be to consult with a lawyer through the lawyer referral service and then go from there.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:


Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Related Canada Law Questions