How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99931
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it possible to Change your court date a day before you

Customer Question

Is it possible to Change your court date a day before you have to be there ?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

What type of court case is this?

What is the reason you need to change the court date?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's for a DUI. I'm sick and not sure If I can make it. My court dates on Wednesday September 7 Is there any way I cound change it in that time
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.


You can call the crown's office tomorrow and indicate that you need an adjournment as you are sick. You may be asked for a doctor's note.

If you cannot get through to the Crown tomorrow you will have to have someone else attend court on your behalf and ask for an adjournment on the grounds that you are ill.

Does that answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Did it work out?

Related Canada Law Questions