How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99980
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received a refusal for my visa extension, I have an

Customer Question

Hi I just received a refusal for my visa extension, I have an upcoming exam on November, is there a way to stay in Canada because they asked me to leave?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

What was the reason for the refusal?

What type of exam is this?

What is your citizenship?

Were you given a date by which you must leave?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Three Reason for Refusal:1. A foreign national is authorized to study in Canada without study permit if the program will be completed within the period of stay authorized upon entry into Canada and the duration of the program is six months or less. An application to obtain a study permit to further pursue a program of study must be made outside Canada2. Your status in Canada was valid until September 1, 20163. You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Type of Exam: Canadian Board of Pharmacist ExamCitizenship: Egyptian
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Your best approach would be to apply for a restoration of status.

You can do that because you status has not expired more than 90 days ago.

You no longer have implied status so you are here without status for now but you have the right to apply and for that reason they may not send you a letter requiring you to leave.

That way you will likely make it to the exam.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Today is closed. Can I apply for a restoration tomorrow September 2nd?
What will happen after that? How long can I stay? Can I change it to student?
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

You can apply tomorrow.

I think you will be refused again but it will hopefully by you time so you won't be asked to leave.

You cannot apply for a study permit from within Canada.

You would have to leave first.

Related Canada Law Questions