How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101440
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was given a summons to appear for displaying an accessible

Customer Question

I was given a summons to appear for displaying an accessible parking permit "otherwise in accordance with the regulations" and am looking for a lawyer to represent me in court on October 13/16 in Toronto (downtown).
***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you are in this difficult situation.

The lawyers on the site cannot act for you.

If you would like I can explain how to find a lawyer or a licenced paralegal to represent you. It that will help please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had hoped that you could refer me to a local lawyer with experience in these matters.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

We are strictly prohibited from doing that.

But to be blunt you should not be hiring a lawyer. Lawyers don't do these traffic cases.

You need a professional paralegal. Lawyers hire paralegals for traffic issues that are not criminal in nature.

Do you want me to explain how to find a paralegal in Toronto?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This matter is not a simple traffic case and will require a lawyer, not a paralegal. Losing the case will affect the viability of my 16 year old business. I can't imagine why you are "prohibited" from referring me to a lawyer. I'm guessing that you know little about Canadian law. Unfortunately, I did not realize that you are a USA based web site. No response required. Please close your file.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.
I am a senior practicing lawyer in Ontario. I am licenced through the lLaw Society of upper Canada. All of the lawyers who work on the Canada law list are licenced in Canada.The site has strict rules of a specific referrals because we could then refer to ourselves, our friends, or family etc. and there be no guarantee that you would be given a fair and unbiassed qualified referral.That is how the site operates and it makes a lot of sense if you think about it.I can explain to you two very good methods for finding a lawyer in Ontario if that's what you wish. If you want to continue let me know.