How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to find the name of a lawyer who can handle an

Customer Question

I would like to find the name of a lawyer who can handle an estate from a mother who lives in Ontario and wants to appoint her daughter who lives in Dallas Texas as a beneficiary and executor to my will.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes but none are aware of how to handle an estate like mine. I live in Barrie, Ontario.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: They advised me to get a lawyer who is familiar with the US laws regarding inheritance and being an executor.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I only have one child to leave my estate to and she lives in Dallas, Texas.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

I can do some looking for you. Does it have to be in Barrie?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I've only so far found one firm in Barrie that holds itself out as having experience in cross border asset protection and estate law, and this is it:

Rogerson Law Group

***** Barrie, Ontario L4M 3P6

(705)(###) ###-####/strong> tel
(###) ###-####fax

Have you tried them yet?