How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just charged wlth 1st impaired cops seeking greater

Customer Question

just charged wlth 1st impaired cops seeking greater punishment .have crimanal record from past.what should i expect
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Alberta.last hight
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: 12 years ago i was charged with pointing a firearms forceable confinement against wife and daughter
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i live in Canada I think this web site is in the U.S am I correct
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. It's a US based site but you're on the Canada Law category. I'm a Canadian lawyer.

What province are you in?

Have you had your first date and got your screening form yet? How do you know that the Crown is seeking a greater sentence?

Were you convicted of those firearms and confinement charges? Anything else on your record?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you want to discuss your charges. Anything new?