How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Of my mom for care and property my Mom has some memory loss?

Customer Question

Hi I'm POA of my mom for care and property my Mom has some memory loss ? lives with my niece : I've asked over N over , to talk to mom on phone , niece says no , says mom wants nothing to do with me , then says I do t have a mother , my Mo. Is 94 in Nov ,on oxygen , N would really like 2 be able to spend time with her ,or aleast talk 2 her on the phone , my mom is skate ,N does what they ask ,so they don't kick her out ! They won't even let her see her other family members either ? As p o a do I not have any rights ? To know what's going on with her ! Sorry really in the dark on this one thks Judy
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 12 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 12 months ago.

There are a lot of typos and I am not positive I understand the facts.

Are you saying your mother is not mentally competent and you are appointed under a continuing POA for finances and also for a continuing POA for care?

And your mother lives with your niece who won't let you visit or see your mother?

Do you want your mother to continue to live there or not?

Are you saying your mother is scared and afraid she will be kicked out if she doesn't listen to the niece?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
call me please
Expert:  Debra replied 12 months ago.

I am sorry but I cannot speak to you on the telephone. I know the site offers this service but the site is based in the US. In Canada the rules of my law society prohibit me from speaking to you on the telephone as you are not my client.

I can only speak to you by posting up and back over this site.

So please answer my questions so I can assist you.

Related Canada Law Questions