How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother's ex is attempting to sever the divorce by asking

Customer Question

Hi there, My brother's ex is attempting to sever the divorce by asking for consent. However, there are a ton of corollary issues that have not been resolved. My brother submitted an Offer to Settle but they never responded to us. My brother requested a reduction in Child Support based on his Income Analysis, no response. Should he be granting a divorce without such core issues being addressed?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario, Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is an upcoming Disclosure Motion whereby they are going to ask the judge to sever the divorce, however, I do not think the judge will grant it on such a contentious case...
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 10 months ago.

Are you asking whether your brother should consent to the severance?

Related Canada Law Questions