How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am let say in Canada and somebody from social web site

Customer Question

Hello, if I am let say in Canada and somebody from social web site ask mi to borrow him the $$. I borrowed the money (sent the $$ through Western Union) is there any way that I can sue him. He promised to return the $$$ but did not yet.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Manitoba (Canada), and I sent the money to Europe to Austria
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, no yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, nothing else. My question is is there any way to sue that person or not.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

How much money did you lend this person?

Related Canada Law Questions