How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Social security. I am a Canadian who paid into SS for nearly

Customer Question

Social security. I am a Canadian who paid into SS for nearly 20 years. I am apparently eligible to receive benefits. I applied and was approved but no payments could be made because I used our winter (snowbird) address. We have owned the house for years but only use it three months a year. Somehow SS thinks I'm inthe country without status. I am a Canadian resident and tax payer and only visit the US in winter. I do however still file US taxes because we have some US investment income. Called SS and they told me I have to go to the embassy in Ottawa to get this unraveled. Surely this isn't true? Barry (###) ###-####
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

This question is on the Canada law list.

Are you asking about US social security?

Related Canada Law Questions