Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My brother and I have had a falling out prior to my father

Customer Question

My brother and I have had a falling out prior to my father passing. He was appointed trustee by my father. He left a will that states that we would get 50% each of what is left after probate. I have asked him to be kept up to date and was told that if I wanted to know anything I would have retain my own lawyer to apply for that right. Is this True? Also he want to buy the house below market value from the estate, which would lower my inheritance and end up giving him over 50000.00 in equity me maybe about 15000.00 to 20000.00 does this sound Fair?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Before I answer can you explain how much of an accounting you did get so far and whether he is planning to give you a full accounting or not?