How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother and I have had a falling out prior to my father

Customer Question

My brother and I have had a falling out prior to my father passing. He was appointed trustee by my father. He left a will that states that we would get 50% each of what is left after probate. I have asked him to be kept up to date and was told that if I wanted to know anything I would have retain my own lawyer to apply for that right. Is this True? Also he want to buy the house below market value from the estate, which would lower my inheritance and end up giving him over 50000.00 in equity me maybe about 15000.00 to 20000.00 does this sound Fair?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Before I answer can you explain how much of an accounting you did get so far and whether he is planning to give you a full accounting or not?

Related Canada Law Questions