How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a renter and my unit flooded from an upstairs neighbour

Customer Question

I am a renter and my unit flooded from an upstairs neighbour about 2.5 months ago.
My Landlord has failed to commence repairs even though the condominium came in last week to repair the portion they feel they were responsible for.
I had to iive in the unit for two months with walls and floors ripped up, I've incurred almost 2,800 in moving expenses so far and am now incurring expenses at an alternative residence while I am waiting for the place to e repaired.
I live in Toronto and would like a lawyer to help me file a claim with the landlord tenant board
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

The lawyers on this site cannot act for you.

But if you want me to suggest how to find a lawyer let me know.

We can only provide legal information online.


Related Canada Law Questions