Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am an union member in a mass layoff that involves

Customer Question

I am an union member in a mass layoff that involves conflicting locals. I have asked to be train to advance my technical abilities so I could qualify with some experience for future posting. While there was no notice put up by the company offering training, I asked the call center operation team leader, if I could come in on my time and learn the new technical advancement that I wanted to advance on was denied.
I notice that by word of mouth certain co- workers were asked if they would like to be trained.
My question is was I right to feel that I was being discriminated ! I know I am very capable of doing the job. It is not a certified job, but an union job. They gave the posting who has to less senority and who was part of the special treatment team. The vice president of our conflicting locals.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are you saying that you are being discriminated against because of your colour or race or religion etc.